SIOUX FALLS, S.D. (KELO) — South Dakota has launched its program to start accepting purposes for medical hashish playing cards from qualifying sufferers.
In accordance with an replace on the Medical Cannabis in South Dakota website, physicians can now entry the medical hashish affected person portal and start certifying medical hashish sufferers.
The South Dakota Medical Hashish Program additionally launched a step-by-step information on how sufferers can begin the applying course of.
- STEP ONE: Affected person schedules an appointment with their doctor
- STEP TWO: Doctor will decide whether or not the affected person would profit from the therapeutic or palliative use of medical hashish for his or her qualifying situation
- STEP THREE: Affected person receives electronic mail to create account on the South Dakota Medical Cannabis Application website
- STEP FOUR (if relevant): Caregivers will obtain an electronic mail to create an account on the medical hashish software web site
- STEP FIVE: As soon as the affected person or caregiver will get DOH approval, a medical hashish card will probably be mailed
To ensure that a affected person to qualify to make use of medical hashish, they should have a “debilitating medical situation,” which is outlined as “a persistent or debilitating illness or medical situation or its remedy that produces a number of of the next: cachexia or losing syndrome; extreme, debilitating ache; extreme nausea; seizures; or extreme and chronic muscle spasms, together with these attribute of a number of sclerosis”.